The Ultimate Guide to buying New Mum Gifts
The arrival of a new bundle of joy is a beautiful, exciting, and exhausting experience at the end of a 10 month marathon. That's why we believe every New Mum should receive a gift that truly shows how special she is to you. So we’ve teamed up with a network of Mums across Australia to create The Ultimate Guide to buying New Mum Gifts - no matter what she's into!
Top 10 Practical, honest, and unexpectedly useful New Mum Gifts
- A silk eye mask - for the precious day naps
- Her favourite tea (and a fancy mug to go with it)
- Instant cappuccino sachets - for the cafe experience in hospital
- Metamucil - helpful for assistance in the loo when the muscles aren’t quite up to it.
- A soothing lip balm - to make her feel dressed
- Comfy undies - big enough to fit the swollen belly and maternity pads
- A one-handed water bottle – great for when she’s on the go and only has one hand!
- Organic candy, or her favourite chocolate, for a quick sugar hit.
- Pocket notepad – for jotting down reminders on the fly and keeping track of baby life.
- Our First Time Mum Gift Hamper covers all the practical and totally needed items she'll need in the early days.
Top 10 New Mum gifts for health, self-care, and wellbeing
- A nourishing home-cooked meal - you just can't beat it!
- A journal – great for jotting down thoughts and feelings
- Earplugs – because sleep is the most valuable commodity.
- A subscription to a healthy meal delivery service - if you can't be there to cook for her
- Affirmation cards – to reassure her she’s doing a wonderful job.
- A scented candle - to create a zen atmosphere inside
- Postpartum bath salts - to soak and soothe the day away
- Herbal tea to lift her mood and calm her body
- A phone call - to check in at least each week on her wellbeing
- Our Relax and Recover Hamper is a great gift to help the New Mum with self care after birth.
Top 10 Gifts to Pamper a New Mum
- A mini bottle of sparkling - for celebrating her milestone
- Dry shampoo – a quick, easy solution for fresh hair without having to get it wet.
- Scented bath soak - to indulge in a day spa at home
- Natural hand cream - which makes you feel pampered in minutes
- Bamboo socks - for pampered feet
- Rosehip oil – to rejuvenate skin and care for stretch marks.
- A diffuser or humidifier for a comfortable, fresh-smelling home
- Silk eye mask - for a more decadent day nap
- Bright new nail polish - for a nice change
- Our Luxurious New Mum Hamper is a real Mama Spoiler - great for the woman who has everything!
Top 10 ideas to make the New Mum's day, without spending money!
- Write her a letter or send a home made card
- Call her to check in every week and listen to her thoughts
- Offer to babysit for an hour to give the Mum a break (the perfect time to use those bath salts!)
- Let her know about PANDA.org.au which helps any new parent not feeling quite right in the early days of parenting
- Record a voice message or video message that she can play when she's lonely
- Save her baby pics and create a slideshow or video for her
- Give her a massage at home
- Make her a cup of tea and do a load of washing
- Write her baby's name in sand, leaves or the earth and take a photo
- Send her funny videos to watch when she's feeling flat
We hope this Ultimate Guide to buying New Mum Gifts helps your mission to find a meaningful gift for the New Mama in your life!